Founded in 2013, The Twim Art Institute has been dedicated to raising entrepreneurs and innovative thinkers in the arts and vocational sectors.
The Twim Art Institute was initially known as Twim Academy. It operated as one of the arms of Twim Infomedia Solutions LTD but is now registered as a standalone organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC Registration Number: RC1460175). The institute is also duly registered by the Board for Technical and Vocational Education of the Ministry of Education, Oyo State.
We offer short-term certificate and specialization courses targeted at people who wish to enter into any of the afore-listed fields, or those who wish to enter into the exciting but challenging world of entrepreneurship.
Olumide Adeleye is a social entrepreneur and candid documentary filmmaker. He is the Founder & Rector of The Twim Art Institute.
He has a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics and Farm Management from the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. Thereafter, he underwent a series of training programs in media and creative arts in India, and understudied Bollywood filmmaker, Satish Kumar. During that period, he observed that India’s focus on vocational education created self-employment opportunities for her young people and decided to implement this model in Nigeria. The result was Twim Academy, a school that raises entrepreneurs in the media and creative arts, now known as The Twim Art Institute. Twim Academy has been named one of the “50 Most Innovative Startups in Africa” by New York Forum Africa.
Acting as a catalyst for capacity building and job creation in the arts and entertainment industries, and creating positive societal change in Nigeria and the rest of Africa.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Raising entrepreneurial minds in the vocational arts.
Twim Academy operates as a social venture with a hybrid model. This implies that our primary purpose of establishment is not profit, but impact. Our key focus is to solve the problem of unemployment among young people. We do this in a number of ways:
- Certificate Courses: Our training programs are designed to help participants acquire skills that are useful to the industry, profitable and well sought-after. This way, we produce alumni who can easily start up small businesses based on their newly acquired skills.
- Compulsory Entrepreneurship Classes and Workshops: We incorporate entrepreneurship and business development classes and seminars into our training programs. Our facilitators are high-flying professionals from different sectors, as well as successful business-people.
- The Twim Academy Career Mentoring Program: This is targeted at providing free career guidance to secondary school students across the state. For more information, please click here.
- The Twim Academy Scholars’ Program: Targeted primarily at empowering secondary-school-age girls from financially challenged backgrounds with skills that position them to be independent in the future. To learn more about this program, please click here.
- The Twim Institute Annual Conference: The Twim Institute Annual Conference has grown over a period of three years to become the largest entrepreneurship event in Oyo State and one of the largest in Nigeria. The 2018 edition of the conference attracted over 2500 participants. For more information, please click here.
- MediaCamp: Every year, we organize bootcamps focusing on different media skills at destinations outside our base in Nigeria. The idea is to enjoy travelling, meeting new people, having fun and yet learning all the way. We have held 3 editions in Ghana and will hold MediaCamp 2018 in India. For more information about MediaCamp, please click here.
- Department of Media, Communication and Film
- Department of Interactive Multimedia and Design
- Department of Fashion